At Pearlgate Physiotherapy there are a number of insurance companies and third party payers that we can direct bill to.  The major companies are:

  • Blue Cross
  • Great West Life
  • Workplace Health Safety and Compensation Commission
  • Motor Vehicle Accident
  • Industrial Alliance
  • Green Shield
  • Standard Life
  • Sunlife
  • Johnson Insurance
  • Chambers of Commerce
  • Manulife

Blue Cross:  Often requires a doctor's note for both physiotherapy and massage therapy.

Industrial Alliance:  Please bring in a copy of your claim form signed by the policy holder.  We will submit this for you.

Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission:  Generally, a doctor's note is required along with a claim number or your MCP number.  However, if your injury is not a recurrence and has happened within the past 2 weeks you only require your MCP number.

Workplace injury outside of Newfoundland and Labrador: If your injury occurred outside of Newfoundland and Labrador you will need your claim number and your case manager's name and telephone number so that we can obtain authorization for treatment.

Motor Vehicle Insurance: After a car accident your adjuster will first require you to exhaust your personal medical insurance.  After that we will need to know who your adjuster is in order to obtain pre-authorization to bill them for service. 

* Although not required for treatment purposes, many companies require a referral from your doctor for physiotherapy.  Most companies require a doctor's referral for massage therapy.  It is therefore best to check your policy.

The following companies do not allow for direct billing:
Claimsecure You will have to pay for your treatments and submit your receipts for reimbursement.